Student Travel Grants:
To apply for a travel grant:
- Applicants must fill out the Travel Grant Application Form before the deadline, March 8, 2017.
- Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis advisor to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Award Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "ASPLOS Student Travel Status Confirmation for ", stating that you are a full-time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or an undergraduate researcher in the areas covered by ASPLOS. The advisor is also welcome to comment on the potential broader impact of making an award to you, e.g., if you belong to an underrepresented group, or if the candidate is unable to attend without a substantial travel grant.
Additional notes for the process:
- Please save all the original receipts. You need to mail them later.
- Funds can be applied to transportation and lodging between April 7 and April 12, 2017.
- The confirmation email from their advisors must be received by the same deadline. Your application is considered incomplete without it.
- Due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, we will NOT solicit letters from your advisors. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the deadline. No exception will be made for any reason.
- DEADLINE: Travel grant application form must be received by 11:59pm, March 8, 2017.
- We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application by March 16, 2017, which is before the conference early registration deadline. Note that award decisions will be made based on funding availability. Note also that some awards may be made only after the conference.
- Depending on the source of funding, some awardees will be required to email the travel grant chair a short essay describing their ASPLOS experience or their favorite paper.
If you need a visa to attend the conference, please contact the following email address (email@example.com
) to get an invitation letter.
Please fill out the Visa Information Form
in order to provide pertinent information.
We provide two types of invitation letter, please select based on requirements of local embassy or consulate in your conutry.
Type A: invitation letter issued from ASPLOS general chair, typically 3-5 working days (no official stamp included).
Type B: invitation letter issued by Chinese Academy of Sciences with permission authorized from Ministry of Foreign Affairs,P.R.China, typically 25-35 working days.
- New : Type B invitation letter deadline is March 8, 2017.
- Please note that Visa Locations (where you can fetch your visa) is the country you currently stay, not same as your nationality.Please do check the content of Embassy/Consulate.
- Please note that Professor in JOB/OCCUPATION are only suitable for international acquired professors.
- Please do provide the full name in COMPANY/ORGANIZATION.
- Please provide scanned copy of your passport INFO page, visa from P.R.China if issued in the past.
- Please note that invitation letter processing time is typically 25-35 working days. In order to avoid unnecessary delays, we urge applicants to apply early and make sure have enough time for their visa application.
- Please provide address and phone number if original invitation letter B needed. Note that default scan copy of invitation letter will be sent without such information.
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference/workshop,please provide the title and indicate whether you are the 'sole author' or a 'co-author'.
- If you are a workshop/tutorial organiser or an invited/keynote speaker,please provide the title of the workshop/tutorial or the invited/keynote talk.